No matches found in reference selection

Hello Expert,

I would like to ask you about the implementation of Histfitter (reinterpretation) on the monophoton analysis using the instruction found on the following link (*) so I try to start with the first instruction:

Create histograms

HistFitter.py -t -u ‘"–tpath XXX" --notfakes --lumi 36185. --dosyst’ …/Monophoton_HF.py

You can see my workflow on the following GitLab (**). but The issue is, that I see when I have run locally (on my laptop) the following error I find on my screen :

RuntimeError: no matches found in reference selection. selection input_monophoton_data_and_bkgs | result <TypedLeafs: {‘inputDir’: ‘root://eosuser.cern.ch//eos/project/r/recast/atlas/ANA-EXOT-2018-63/histograms_monophoton_data_and_bkgs.root’}>

We Try to start with the second part “Histfitter” to see if we will get the same result between the result founded on the Monophoton analysis and the result will produce by the recast framework.

Knowing that the input file used are located on :

/eos/project/r/recast/atlas/ANA-EXOT-2018-63/histograms_monophoton_data_and_bkgs.root

(*) Sign in to CERN

(**) https://gitlab.cern.ch/sbatlamo/Recast-Monophoton

Your help is very appreciated

@sbatlamo The error you’re getting

RuntimeError: no matches found in reference selection. selection input_monophoton_data_and_bkgs | result <TypedLeafs: {‘inputDir’: ‘root://eosuser.cern.ch//eos/project/r/recast/atlas/ANA-EXOT-2018-63/histograms_monophoton_data_and_bkgs.root’}>

is indicating that the mapping that you have for your parameters in your specs/workflow.yml is invalid given the parameter names in recast.yml.

I’ve tried to give some examples of how things could be revised in a MR to your repo.

Understanding how the parameters map is very important, so please make sure that you walk through all of the workflow authoring sections in the docs. If you’re having trouble keeping the flow of information clear, it can sometimes be helpful to think about writing out all the steps needed in specs/steps.yml and making note of the parameters you would need, then writing the specs/workflow.yml that maps these parameters from steps.yml to values, and then recast.yml as a user control config value that allows for assignment of those values.