Pathena and training-dataset-dumper

Hi,
I have a conflict between ca-dump-upgrade (AthAnalysis-based) and submit-trigger that launches prun.
I’m trying the following command:
[shelena@lxplus777 training-dataset-dumper]$ pathena ca-dump-upgrade.py --extFile upgrade_HI.json --inDS mc16_5TeV.800897.Py8EG_A14N23LO_jetjet_JZ5WithSW_bfilter.merge.AOD.e8366_d1521_r11472_r11217 --outDS user.shelena.test --nFiles 2
INFO : using CMTCONFIG=x86_64-centos7-gcc11-opt
INFO : extracting run configuration
Fri Dec 17 13:43:12 CET 2021
Preloading tcmalloc_minimal.so
Py:Athena INFO including file “AthenaCommon/Preparation.py”
Py:Athena INFO using release [AthAnalysis-22.2.52] [x86_64-centos7-gcc11-opt] [master/78e0ad26465] – built on [2021-11-25T0304]
Py:Athena INFO including file “AthenaCommon/Atlas.UnixStandardJob.py”
Py:Athena INFO executing ROOT6Setup
Py:Athena INFO including file “AthenaCommon/Execution.py”
Py:Athena INFO including file “/cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/ATLASLocalRootBase/x86_64/PandaClient/1.4.98/etc/panda/share/FakeAppMgr.py”
Py:Athena INFO including file “ca-dump-upgrade.py”
Py:ConfigurableDb INFO Read module info for 629 configurables from 4 genConfDb files
Py:ConfigurableDb INFO No duplicates have been found: that’s good !
Shortened traceback (most recent user call last):
File “./ca-dump-upgrade.py”, line 68, in
run()
File “./ca-dump-upgrade.py”, line 59, in run
ca = getConfig(cfgFlags)
File “/cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/22.2/AthAnalysis/22.2.52/InstallArea/x86_64-centos7-gcc11-opt/python/AthenaConfiguration/MainServicesConfig.py”, line 41, in MainServicesCfg
cfg.addSequence(AthSequencer(‘AthBeginSeq’,Sequential=True),parentName=‘AthAlgEvtSeq’)
File “/cvmfs/atlas.cern.ch/repo/sw/software/22.2/AthAnalysis/22.2.52/InstallArea/x86_64-centos7-gcc11-opt/python/AthenaConfiguration/ComponentAccumulator.py”, line 305, in addSequence
raise ConfigurationError(“Missing sequence {} to add new sequence to”.format(parentName))

AthenaConfiguration.ComponentAccumulator.ConfigurationError: Missing sequence AthAlgEvtSeq to add new sequence to

ERROR : Could not parse jobOptions

I appreciate if somebody has an idea of how to move on.

Cheers,
Helena

The problem is that pathena launches athena.py on the grid, whereas none of the Athena code in training-dataset-dumper uses athena.py: it’s all launched as an executable python script. It should work fine if you run it with prun instead.

I guess it’s a bit confusing that the new Athena configuration doesn’t use athena.py.